Reload Scripts Assemblies (busy for long time) Unity Freezes

Viewed 10275

I'm Using Unity version 2020.3.32f1 & Rider as Editor. Whenever I make any changes in scripts, even small changes, Unity script assemblies take too much of time to compile and load. Sometimes it freezes Unity entirely and in the Task Manager I can see "application not responding" for the Unity session.

Reload Scripts Assemblies

Does anyone know how I can solve this issue?

6 Answers

After so much of research, I got one solution which worked for me , in Unity Package manager , Search for Rider & got Update for rider. After Updating Rider version from unity package manager. my Scripts reloading issue got fixed. Rider update in Unity package manager

  1. Edit > Project Settings > Editor > Check Enter Play Mode Options

  2. Uncheck reload domain & reload scene

That worked for me .. unity 2021.3.4f1

The Windows version of UnityEditor also has this problem.

Weirdly, if you have this problem, just save any file in your Unity project folder without changing anything and the progress bar will start progressing.

Open Window->Package Manager. Select Packages: In Project to see the packages currently installed. Remove everything you are not using.

Not being logged in in the Unity editor (upper left corner) certainly seems to increase the chances of this issue happening.

If you open the Package Manager without being logged in you get some errors in the console. I suspect this is related but in the script reload case it just hangs.

Related