Using token.pickle is quite frustrating, as every couple of weeks the token expires, and then I need to manually delete it from my source files in code, so it can regenerate itself, and then I need to re-authenticate it from my account.
Is there a way I can just create a new service without it? I know it's possible for Google sheets files. This is what that looks like:
def get_g_sheets_service():
SERVICE_ACCOUNT_FILE = 'key.json'
SCOPES = ['https://www.googleapis.com/auth/spreadsheets']
creds = None
creds = service_account.Credentials.from_service_account_file(
SERVICE_ACCOUNT_FILE, scopes=SCOPES)
SCOPES = ['https://www.googleapis.com/auth/spreadsheets']
SAMPLE_SPREADSHEET_ID = 'ID_GOES_HERE'
service = build('sheets', 'v4', credentials=creds)
return service
but, the way to get a service for the calendar API looks like this:
import datetime
import pickle
import os.path
from googleapiclient.discovery import build
from google_auth_oauthlib.flow import InstalledAppFlow
from google.auth.transport.requests import Request
# If modifying these scopes, delete the file token.pickle.
SCOPES = ['https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar']
CREDENTIALS_FILE = 'path_to_file/credentials.json'
def get_calendar_service():
creds = None
# The file token.pickle stores the user's access and refresh tokens, and is
# created automatically when the authorization flow completes for the first
# time.
if os.path.exists('token.pickle'):
with open('token.pickle', 'rb') as token:
creds = pickle.load(token)
# If there are no (valid) credentials available, let the user log in.
if not creds or not creds.valid:
if creds and creds.expired and creds.refresh_token:
creds.refresh(Request())
else:
flow = InstalledAppFlow.from_client_secrets_file(
CREDENTIALS_FILE, SCOPES)
creds = flow.run_local_server(port=0)
# Save the credentials for the next run
with open('token.pickle', 'wb') as token:
pickle.dump(creds, token)
service = build('calendar', 'v3', credentials=creds)
return service
Notice the token.pickle file?
How can I not deal with it?