eas build --platform android VS expo build:android -t apk

Viewed 1336

I am generating APK using eas build --platform android and expo build:android -t apk. Both generate apps but the eas build generated app crashes while the expo build app works fine. There is no difference in code. Not able to check why it happens. Any suggestion would be helpful.

2 Answers

I resolved the issue by manually installing some dependency that EXPO is managing itself.

Building .apks using EXPO command expo build:android -t apk never crashed on the physical device, but when I switched to EAS command eas build --platform android the app crashed on physical devices.

Dependency e.g "react-native-screens": "~3.8.0". Now i can export .apk and .aab using EAS command eas build --platform android

Other issues like camera and gallery permission are also managed by EXPO if you don't mention them.

This may be because of the Expo SDK version.

Related