Playwright VSCode gives `No tests found` message

Viewed 1256

I've installed the Playwright vscode extension but when I go to the testing area I get a "No tests have been found in this workspace" message. But when I run $> playwright test on the CLI it works like a charm. The weird thing is, that some time ago it was perfectly working in VSCode.

enter image description here

When I click the reload icon I get

enter image description here

But then after a couple of seconds I get back where I started. When I click the blue button I go to the list of extension

enter image description here

I'm not very sure what I am suppose to install here. Also, it did work in the past already.

This is the extension I installed for Playwright:

enter image description here

Any suggestion what is going on here in my VSCode?

3 Answers

I had the same issue, the only thing that helps me is VS code update, this extension works only on the latest version on VS code. tests section

I had the Microsoft extension installed and latest VSCode and got the same message in the Testing panel after using the "Install Playwright" command.

For me it was restarting VSCode completely that made the extension work. Note this was a full app restart and not just the "Developer: Reload Window" command.

Check that you're using a supported version of playwright.

In the "details" section, the extention I have installed says

This extension works with Playwright Test version v1.19+ or newer.

I was using Playwright version 1.17, and faced this same issue. Updating to use version 1.19 fixed it.

Related