Dotnet template conflict (project templates)

Viewed 85

I am trying to create a project template via the dotnet new wpflib command. Running the command results in the following error:

enter image description here

Unable to resolve the template, the following installed templates are conflicting... and Uninstall the templates or the packages to keep only one template from the list

Any idea how to solve this? I do not want to uninstall all wpflib templates.

1 Answers

I had the same issue. It turned out for me that the groupIdentity field of the template.json seems to need to be unique. I assumed it could be the same like other templates that I want to publish because they might be associated to the same 'group' of templates. But, if they were, I received the same issue like you.

For example, I made some item-templates, and all of them had the same groupIdentity value:

{
  "$schema": "http://json.schemastore.org/template",
  "author": "TomsCompany",
  "classifications": [ "Common", "Code" ],
  "identity": "TomsCompany.ItemTemplates.DependencyInjectionService",
  "groupIdentity": "TomsCompanyTemplates", // <-- this needs to be unique for each template.json
  "name": "...",
  "description": "...",
  ...
}
Related