A year ago I've configured an AWS EKS cluster for our client. I've created it with help of lots of manuals. There are cluster configuration files present (I've applied all changes to the cluster only using those files), but I'm not 100% sure, that there was no direct command line changes applied to the cluster.
Currently I have a request from the client to stop entire cluster to not being charged. The only way is to delete it with all related resources.
But the thing is that client would want to restore it at some point in the future.
So overall task sounds like this:
- backup all configurations of all related resources for the currently running AWS EKS cluster to be possible to restore it in the future with some reasonably small effort. There is no need to save any information (volumes, data etc).
I'm talking about backup and restore all sort of AWS entities related to the cluster:
- VPC, networks, subnets, security groups, EKS, ECR and so on as much as possible.
Can anyone point me to the direction for the investigation or to some tool/service, that can help with this task?