Windows Clipboard History - How to view the history from PowerShell

Viewed 461

Currently I'm trying to figure out how to use Clipboard history in PowerShell.
I know that Get-Clipboard -command shows you the last item in Clipboard, but how to access those 25 others?
Using Windows + V you can see values stored in the history and it has to save those values somewhere in the RAM. On top of that there is file saved in %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Clipboard named HistoryData and under that is some hex file, but I can't figure if that is somehow relevant for my search of if it's just another "Red herring".
(Get-Clipboard).count only shows 1.

1 Answers

If you look at the documentation for the command using Get-Help Get-Clipboard you will see that it really does only show you the current entry - not a full history

NAME
    Get-Clipboard

SYNOPSIS
    Gets the current Windows clipboard entry.
Related