Letting users embed Google Slides/PowerPoint in my app, terms of use?

Viewed 51

I have an app that lets users upload meeting resources into one single place and present the whole meeting with different tools as a single presentation.

I would like users to be able to embed their Google and PowerPoint slides as part of their meetings.

I know users can publish their slides and get an iframe code to embed it into their websites. I would like to include a way in my app where users do this and embed their slides with the code provided by Google and Microsoft.

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/183965?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop#zippy=%2Cembed-a-document-spreadsheet-or-presentation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/embed-a-presentation-in-a-web-page-or-blog-19668a1d-2299-4af3-91e1-ae57af723a60

I wonder if making use of this in my app would fit into the terms of use or if I need to have some special agreement with Google and Microsoft?

Thanks a lot!!

1 Answers

Answering your doubt about Google, you should check the Drive terms of service, especially the part that says:

Your Conduct. Don’t misuse Google Drive. You may use Google Drive only as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. You are responsible for your conduct and your content stored in Google Drive, and you must comply with our Program Policies. We may review your conduct and content in Google Drive for compliance with the Terms and our Program Policies.

So the correct answer would depend on your local laws, in that case I strongly advise you to visit a legal forum like LawStackexchange. Additionally you can check the program policies to learn more.

Related