I want to run selenum grid containers in GitLab. They would be: one selenium hub and two chrome node containers connected by a shared network. I know how to deploy those using a yaml file, but I have no idea how to start those containers in gitlab.
Ideally, the 3 cotainers would be started in pipleine, and then I would execute a script that would run some Selenium tests using the grid.
There's my yml file that would start selenium grid locally:
version: '3.7'
services:
selenium-1:
image: selenium/node-chrome:latest
shm_size: '2gb'
depends_on:
- selenium-hub
environment:
- SE_EVENT_BUS_HOST=selenium-hub
- SE_EVENT_BUS_PUBLISH_PORT=4442
- SE_EVENT_BUS_SUBSCRIBE_PORT=4443
selenium-2:
image: selenium/node-chrome:latest
shm_size: '2gb'
depends_on:
- selenium-hub
environment:
- SE_EVENT_BUS_HOST=selenium-hub
- SE_EVENT_BUS_PUBLISH_PORT=4442
- SE_EVENT_BUS_SUBSCRIBE_PORT=4443
selenium-hub:
image: selenium/hub:latest
expose:
- 4444
There's the script that would start the selenium tests:
#!/usr/bin/env bash
set -e
python -m pytest
The .gitlab-ci.yml I have so far:
stages:
- e2e
e2e:
stage: e2e
interruptible: false
services:
- selenium/hub:latest
- selenium/node-chrome:latest
script:
- bash run_test_page.sh