Assuming the sudoku puzzle is a 9 by 9 and is filled with 0-9. I want is 9 lists, with each list containing a 3 by 3 Sudoku box.
This is what I have:
grid = [[5, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1],
[0, 1, 0, 0, 8, 7, 0, 6, 0],
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3, 0, 0, 0],
[0, 5, 0, 0, 6, 1, 0, 7, 0],
[0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0],
[0, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0],
[0, 0, 0, 5, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0],
[9, 0, 0, 0, 4, 8, 7, 0, 0],
[0, 8, 0, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]]
list1 = []
for i in range(0,3):
for j in range(0,3):
list1.append(grid[i][j])
list2 = []
for i in range(0,3):
for j in range(4,7):
list2.append(grid[i][j])
and it goes on and on.......
How do I simplify this for loop for getting a list of 3 by 3 boxes in Sudoku puzzle?