Allowed to use multiple YouTube API keys for 1 project?

Viewed 123

I am quickly reaching quota limits while using YouTube Data API v3 for searches only using 1 API key.

I have applied for Quota increase but I hear it can take some time.

However I landed on the below article which states that a max of 300 APIs can be used for 1 project. Are my really allowed to use multiple YouTube Data API v3 keys and switch between them each time quota limit is reached??

https://cloud.google.com/docs/authentication/api-keys

I had been scrambling for solutions. I hope I read it well!

1 Answers

Keys and credentials within a project share their quota. Creating additional api keys within the same project on google developer console is not going to get you additional quota.

As seen below all the credentials her will share the same quota.

enter image description here

You would need to create additional projects and create a key within each project.

All of these projects have their own credentials with their own quotas.

enter image description here

You should wait for an extension These days it shouldn't take more then a couple of weeks to hear back about a quota increase.

Related