simulating dice rolls and adding incremental when condition is met
instead of using all these if statements how can I add to the total (petals) as an incremental value?
I tried while loop but didn't seem to work, this seems like the only thing I could get to work.
'''
petals = 0
if die1 == 3:
petals += 2
if die2 == 3:
petals += 2
if die3 == 3:
petals += 2
if die4 == 3:
petals += 2
if die5 == 3:
petals += 2
if die1 == 5:
petals += 4
if die2 == 5:
petals += 4
if die3 == 5:
petals += 4
if die4 == 5:
petals += 4
if die5 == 5:
petals += 4
'''
I have this but petals remains as 0,
importing dice display from another file if this makes a difference?
'''
import dice
import random
diceRoll = ['die1', 'die2', 'die3', 'die4', 'die5']
increments = {3: 2, 5: 4}
petals = 0
die1 = int(random.randint(1,6))
die2 = int(random.randint(1,6))
die3 = int(random.randint(1,6))
die4 = int(random.randint(1,6))
die5 = int(random.randint(1,6))
for die in diceRoll:
petals += increments.get(die, 0)
dice.display_dice(die1, die2, die3, die4, die5)
print(petals)
'''