I have a monorepo with a few functions in their own folder. I want to create a common layer with utility functions that I can require/import locally and also after deployment to the cloud. I want to add a layers/ directory to do this, with the folder structure looking something like this:
A
|- node_modules/
|- package.json
|- index.js
B
|- node_modules/
|- package.json
|- index.js
layers
|- nodejs
|- node_modules
|- package.json
|- util.js
I'm not set on the folder structure above and am OK with it changing.
Currently, I only have A and B with their own individual dependency layers (orchestrated using terraform), and they work great locally and deployed.
With the introduction of a common utility layer, the issue is that I can require/import locally but it wouldn't be the same in the cloud (/opt/nodejs/*), but if I change it up to work on the cloud, it won't work locally.
I am not using the serverless framework.