VNC Viewer require a password when SSH tunnel to EC2 instance using key authentication

Viewed 173

I have a EC2 instance which is running a Linux OS. The instance is private hosted and a VPN connection needs to established the connection. Only the SSH inbound traffic is allowed. I need to access the instance using VNC viewer or TigerVNC through my local pc.

Through a VPN I connected to the private network. Further SSH tunnel also established using key(private) authentication and port forwarding also enabled. ssh -L 5901:localhost:5901 -i remoteVNC00.pem vusau@10.95.232.80 . SSH shell I established on my windows pc CMD. Issue is, it popup for password of VNC server when it is trying to load localhost:1 through VNC Viewer or TigerVNC. As I remember I never create a password for VNC server. How do I check whether a password enable there or how to resolve password requirement of VNC viewer?

0 Answers
Related