After reviewing all related entries in Stackoveflow and also after googleing a lot, I can not find the algorithm I need.
Having expressions similar to this one (in postfix notation):
"This is a string" 1 2 * 4.2 ceil mid "is i" ==
I need an algorithm that transforms it into an Expression Tree. I've found many places that explain how this transformation can be done, but they only use operators (+,-,*, &&, ||, etc). I can not find how to do it when functions (with zero or more arguments) are involved, like in the example above.
Just for clarity, the postfix expression above will look as follows when using infix notation:
mid( "This is a string", 1*2, ceil( 4.2 ) ) == "is i"
A general algorithm in pseudo-code or Java or JavaScript or C would be very much appreciated (please keep this in mind: from postfix to expression-tree).
Thanks a million in advance.