I tried to deploy my Nextjs project to Heroku via Docker, so i follow docs on internet,then i get a Dockerfile like this
# Install dependencies only when needed
FROM node:alpine AS deps
# Check https://github.com/nodejs/docker-node/tree/b4117f9333da4138b03a546ec926ef50a31506c3#nodealpine to understand why libc6-compat might be needed.
RUN apk add --no-cache libc6-compat
WORKDIR /app
# COPY package.json yarn.lock ./
COPY package.json package-lock.json ./
# RUN yarn install --frozen-lockfile
RUN npm ci
# Rebuild the source code only when needed
FROM node:alpine AS builder
WORKDIR /app
COPY . .
COPY --from=deps /app/node_modules ./node_modules
# RUN yarn build && yarn install --production --ignore-scripts --prefer-offline
RUN npm run build && npm install --production --ignore-scripts --prefer-offline
# Production image, copy all the files and run next
FROM node:alpine AS runner
WORKDIR /app
ENV NODE_ENV production
RUN addgroup -g 1001 -S nodejs
RUN adduser -S nextjs -u 1001
# You only need to copy next.config.js if you are NOT using the default configuration
# COPY --from=builder /app/next.config.js ./
COPY --from=builder /app/public ./public
COPY --from=builder --chown=nextjs:nodejs /app/.next ./.next
COPY --from=builder /app/node_modules ./node_modules
COPY --from=builder /app/package.json ./package.json
USER nextjs
EXPOSE 3000
# Next.js collects completely anonymous telemetry data about general usage.
# Learn more here: https://nextjs.org/telemetry
# Uncomment the following line in case you want to disable telemetry.
ENV NEXT_TELEMETRY_DISABLED 1
# CMD ["yarn", "start"]
CMD ["npm", "run", "start"]
and .dockerignore
node_modules
.next
But i get this error when building
ERROR [runner 5/8] COPY --from=builder /app/public ./public
I think this error right because i don't see public folder in my project, maybe my project missing it
Then i go to learn basic about docker, i dont know so much , but i can create a simple Dockerfile like this
FROM node
RUN mkdir -p /usr/src/app
WORKDIR /usr/src/app
COPY package.json ./
RUN npm install
COPY . .
# RUN npm run build
# ENV NODE_ENV=production
EXPOSE 3000
USER node
CMD [ "npm","run","dev"]
with .dockerignore above,I test it with dev enviroment, if it can run I'll edit to production, I run my project by command
docker run -it -p 3000:3000 --name run-my-client my-client
But i get this error
[Error: EACCES: permission denied, unlink '/usr/src/app/.next/build-manifest.json'] {
errno: -13,
code: 'EACCES',
syscall: 'unlink',
path: '/usr/src/app/.next/build-manifest.json'
}
I still see build-manifest.json file in .next folder, but i don't know why this error is appear.Am i missing something and How can i fix it?