I am new to the world of APIs and Auth, and would certainly appreciate any help. I am attempting to authorize and receive a token through the Vimeo API (OAuth2). My question is how to properly set the value of the Authorization Header. (Table below from: https://developer.vimeo.com/api/authentication)
| Header | Set value to |
|---|---|
| Authorization | basic base64_encode(x:y), where x is the client identifier and y is the client secret |
In this table is base64_encode plain text that I need to write, or does this denote a function I need to use in my language that converts x:y into Base64? M Language, in my case.
Also, are my clientID and clientSecret ready to put into the header "as-is" or do they themselves need to be converted into Base64 before being used as auth for the token endpoint?
The gist of my confusion is how exactly I should write the authorization header, because I keep getting the error "[invalid_client] A valid client ID must be provided along with any request made to Vimeo's API" when trying to POST to the token endpoint.
Thank you for any help!