following situation:
I made some changes in the development branch ( commit f + g ). Unfortunately, there were some changes in the master branch (commit e + d), which are now obsolete and have to be ignored. So, I am searching for a solution to merge the development branch into the master branch and ignore commits e and d.
So far, I had the following thoughts:
- Merge and solve the merge conflicts by using the changes from develop: Not possible, since there are also changes in the master that would not appear as merge conflicts
- Rebase develop branch into the master: No, not really, since the commits d + e would still be there
- Only working but kind of ugly solution: Create a "revert" branch on the master, revert commits d + e, merge it into master branch and then merge the develop branch.
Do you have a more beautiful idea than though 3?
