Can multiple full-screen Intent activities launched by alarm notifications co-exist (on top of each other)?

Viewed 61

I have an alarm/reminder app that uses .setFullScreenIntent in its notification builder. As a result, when the phone is locked/screen off and the notification triggers, the full screen activity shows up and can wake up the screen. It works well.

But here's the problem: say the user missed this full screen notification entirely, and never cleared it (by clicking the dismiss button I put on this screen). A while later, another notification comes in. It will override the previous one entirely.

Now if the user comes back, only the latest full screen notification is shown. After dismissing it (which calls finishActivity in the code), the previous ones are not shown beneath it, even though they are present in the notification area.

The activity is already in standard mode, not singleTop, so multiple instances should have been allowed. I also made sure to set different requestCode on all of the underlying intents.

Ideally, I want multiple such full-screen notifications to stack on top of another (last in, first out) so the user can clear them one by one without missing any of them.

Is it an Android limitation that only one instance of full-screen notification is allowed per app at a time?

1 Answers

In my case, I also had launchMode set to standard. Took me several hours but got it to work by removing setContentIntent() in my notificationBuilder while retaining setFullScreenIntent().

Related