For my work I need to write a GUI using PySide6 for a remote system. The OS is RHEL 7.9 and I have neither admin privileges nor PIP working (blocked by admins), so i can't install anything by myself (and i'm not allowed to anyways).
The script runs perfectly on Windows and Fedora, but it doesn't work on RHEL 7.9:
- Since the machine doesn't allow pip, I've included PySide6 in my virtual environment, but there are missing libraries in the system itself, like CXXABI_1.3.9 and GLIBC_2.33 that Shiboken6 needs.
- It also didn't work in compiled form (with PyInstaller) because the GLIBC_2.29 is missing.
- Naively I copied libstdc++.so.6 and libc.so.6 from a Fedora machine to RHEL and redirected the linking to the libraries with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, but because of other dependencies it didn't work.
Is there a solution to make the script work cross-platform and independently?