Validating an AWS certificate on godday using CName

Viewed 135

I think I understand what the docs from AWS is saying about this, but Godaddy doesn't seem to let me enter the valid information for the certificate validation, or I'm not looking at the right place.

I've requested the certificate using ACM allright. Now on GoDaddy, I'm trying to do the following:

enter image description here

This corresponds to CNAME name and CNAME value in ACM console manager:

enter image description here

Yet the interface in godaddy doesn't accept the input. Am I looking at the wrong place?

1 Answers

The name field should be just the prefix of AWS CNAME name, for example:

_this-is-the-part-you-take.my-domain.com.

In other words, _904706782abb3d16301321f28db53e03.my-domain.com. get this _904706782abb3d16301321f28db53e03

and in the value, put the

_0ba986089fff81c1b4f395a2ea75f42e.example.acm-validations.aws

Turns out that AWS has a section on validation issues with godaddy. :)

Check this out.

TLDR; Either ask godaddy what the valid entries should be or use email validation.

Related