Why do two charts (Table and Bar Chart) display different data?

Viewed 186

I have a strange issue in Google Data Studio where stacked column/bar charts are not displaying data correctly. I'm not sure if it's the way I'm setting it up or a bug. I've linked the Google Sheet and data page below.

Data Set (Google Sheets):

Date Roll Roller
1/4/2022 12 Oscar
1/5/2022 11 Oscar
1/6/2022 10 Oscar
1/7/2022 3 Oscar
1/8/2022 1 Oscar
1/9/2022 5 Oscar
1/10/2022 18 Dusty
1/11/2022 14 Oscar
1/12/2022 14 Oscar
1/13/2022 14 Oscar
1/14/2022 3 Dusty
1/15/2022 2 Dusty
1/16/2022 14 Oscar
1/17/2022 14 Chris
1/18/2022 8 Oscar
1/19/2022 9 Oscar
1/20/2022 14 Oscar
1/21/2022 7 Chris
1/22/2022 10 Alex

Google Data Studio Report

As seen "Chris" has two Roll inputs (14 and 7) on the table but in the graph it's only showing one:

2 Answers

In a Bar Chart, the default number of "Series" (unique values in the Breakdown Dimension field, in this case, the field titled Roll) is set to 10 and can be changed from the Style tab (with the current maximum of 20, which will be sufficient in this scenario as the Roll field has a COUNT_DISTINCT value of 12).

Editable Google Data Studio Report (Embedded Google Sheets Data Source) and a GIF to elaborate:

I got the same issue because of the string format, there are 2 solutions for you.

  1. You can reformat your google sheet column by using TRIM
  2. Create a custom field in Data Studio to re-format the string on that column
Related