Install Pyoptsparse

Viewed 117

I am trying to install pyoptsparse. In order to do that, I set a Conda environment on PyCharm. Then I added conda-forge channel, where the pyoptsparse package should be, but when I am trying to install it through the command : conda install pyoptsparse , it always returns me that the package does not exist.

Has someone already faced to this same problem? I may precise that I am using a Windows machine.

https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/pyoptsparse

https://mdolab-pyoptsparse.readthedocs-hosted.com/en/latest/install.html

1 Answers

The documentation states that Windows is not supported. Either run through WSL or attempt installing through pip.

However, attempting to install through pip appears to fail during compilation for the win-64 platform, at least when using the following environment:

so-pyoptsparse

so-pyoptsparse.yaml

name: so-pyoptsparse
channels:
  - conda-forge
  - defaults
dependencies:
  - python=3.9
  - numpy
  - sqlitedict >=1.6
  - scipy >=1.2
  - mdolab-baseclasses >=1.3.1
  - swig
  - compilers
  - pip
  - pip:
    - git+https://github.com/mdolab/pyoptsparse.git@v2.8.2

Details on how it fails can be found in the logs of the GitHub Workflow run.

Related