Why can't I access my lisp server when launched from the emacs repl

Viewed 54

I have a lisp xml-rpc server. When I launch it from a repl in a terminal, the server responds to the client's requests but when this server is launched from the sly repl in Emacs, the client is stuck waiting.

I don't understand why this happens...

EDIT (yes it wasn't clear): I use s-xml-rpc, https://s-xml-rpc.common-lisp.dev/

In the sly-mrepl for sbcl, if I define a function like this :

(defun s-xml-rpc-exports::|lisp.GCD| (m n)
  (gcd m n))

and then I start the server in the sly-mrepl:

  (setq *xml-server* (s-xml-rpc:start-xml-rpc-server :port 6665 ))

from a client written in python :

import xmlrpclib

print(xmlrpclib.ServerProxy("http://localhost:6665/RPC2").lisp.GCD(12155, 130130))

the client remains blocked without a response from the server.

but

but if I do the same thing but from a sbcl repl launched from the terminal, the server answers and the client displays 715

running emacs from a terminal does not solve the problem

0 Answers
Related