I have a plot whose y min starts well above 0. But I want to include 0 as the min of the y-axis and still have Stata automatically create evenly-spaced y-axis labels.
Here is the baseline:
sysuse auto2, clear
scatter turn displacement
This is almost what I want, except that the y range does not start at 0.
Based on this answer by Nick Cox (https://www.statalist.org/forums/forum/general-stata-discussion/general/1598753-force-chart-y-axis-to-start-at-0), I modify the code to be:
scatter turn displacement, yscale(range(0 .)) ylabel(0)
This succeeds in starting the y-axis at 0, but the labeling besides 0 goes away:
I proceed to remove `ylabel(0):
scatter turn displacement, yscale(range(0 .))
This produces the opposite problem - the y-axis labels are the same as in the first plot.
How can I have Stata automatically produce the y-axis labels from 0 to the max? For instance, 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 - importantly, though, I have many plots and need a solution that determines the exact values automatically, without needing me to input the y max, etc. So it would not be me who chooses 10, 20, ..., 50, but Stata.


