I'd like to export something like the view of the subnets that exist in a VNET like is displayed in the portal. Unfortunately there isn't an option to export this to a CSV. I have found powershell scripts online that can export subnet route tables and the associated subnets. I have also found powershell scripts to export details on vnets subnets. However I haven't been able to find scripts that combine both
Script for Route tables by Aman Sharma
Ignore the synopsis and description I think he left them in from previous scripts
So I'm trying to reverse the logic i.e. get the subnet details and add the route tables for each subnet if it exists. However I'm not sure what I'm doing at this point! the script is erroring with:
Line |
47 | … $routeTables = Get-AzRouteTable -Name $routeTableName -Resour …
| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Name'. The argument is null or empty. Provide an argument that is not null or empty, and then try the command again.
The script ends and the CSV has everything but the route table details. So if you could help a noob I'd be very grateful here is what I have:
$PathToOutputCSVReport = "/path/output.csv"
$subs = Get-AzSubscription
#Checking if the subscriptions are found or not
if(($subs -ne $null) -or ($subs.Count -gt 0))
{
#Creating Output Object
$results = @()
#Iterating over various subscriptions
foreach($sub in $subs)
{
$SubscriptionId = $sub.SubscriptionId
Write-Output $SubscriptionName
#Selecting the Azure Subscription
Select-AzSubscription -SubscriptionName $SubscriptionId
#Getting all Azure Route Tables
$vnets = Get-AzVirtualNetwork
foreach($vnet in $vnets)
{
$vnetName = $vnet.Name
$vnetResourceGroup = $vnet.ResourceGroupName
Write-Output $vnetName
#Fetch Route Subnets
$vnetSubnets = $vnet.Subnets
foreach($vnetSubnet in $vnetSubnets)
{
$subnetName = $vnetSubnet.Name
Write-Output $subnetName
$subnetId = $vnetSubnet.Id
###Getting information
$splitarray = $subnetId.Split('/')
$subscriptionId = $splitarray[2]
$vNetResourceGroupName = $splitarray[4]
$virtualNetworkName = $splitarray[8]
$subnetName = $splitarray[10]
#Fetch the route table details
$routeTables = Get-AzRouteTable -Name $routeTableName -ResourceGroupName $routeResourceGroup
#Fetching the vNet and Subnet details
#$vnet = Get-AzVirtualNetwork -Name $virtualNetworkName -ResourceGroupName $vNetResourceGroupName
$subnet = Get-AzVirtualNetworkSubnetConfig -Name $subnetName -VirtualNetwork $vnet
$subnetAddressPrefix = $subnet.AddressPrefix[0]
$details = @{
virtualNetworkName=$virtualNetworkName
subnetAddressPrefix=$subnetAddressPrefix
subnetName=$subnetName
routeTableName=$routeTableName
routeResourceGroup=$routeResourceGroup
subscriptionId=$subscriptionId
vNetResourceGroupName=$vNetResourceGroupName
}
$results += New-Object PSObject -Property $details
}
}
}
$results | export-csv -Path $PathToOutputCSVReport -NoTypeInformation
}
else
{
Write-Host -ForegroundColor Red "No Subscription Found"
}



