I have an example sheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i96cjWWGwLQQd2enqQhLylFo31n5GyxbCTcTEPk2I2A/edit#gid=0.
I have two parts to my question.
Part 1
In the names sheet, in C1, I have this formula:
={
"Is Special";
ARRAYFORMULA(
IF(
A2:A <> "",
REGEXMATCH(B2:B, "b|d|e"),
)
)
}
The formula works as expected but I do not like the B2:B reference because it is not easily obvious what column I am checking against. I'd rather refer to the column by it's name (First Name in this case). Is that possible? Can I replace B2:B with some formula or function that lets me lookup the column range by searching for First Name? I know I can use MATCH to get the column number for First Name but I'm not sure how to put that into this formula -- especially since I cannot use INDRECT in an ARRAYFORMULA.
Something like:
={
"Is Special";
ARRAYFORMULA(
IF(
A2:A <> "",
REGEXMATCH([some formula or function that lets me lookup the column range by searching for "First Name"], "b|d|e"),
)
)
}
Part 2
Similar to above, on the names sheet, in D1 I have this formula:
={
"Count of one Properties";
ARRAYFORMULA(
IF(
A2:A <> "",
COUNTIFS(
properties!A:A, A2:A,
properties!B:B, "one"
),
)
)
}
The formula works as expected. However, I do not like the properties!B:B reference. Reading the formula it is not obvious what column from the properties sheet I am checking against. Is it possible to something similar like above where I get the column range by searching for the column name, in this case type?





