Sorry I couldn't come up with a better title but I'm a bit confused what is considered my app's backend.
Frontend handles everything that the user sees.
Consider a that we are building an calculator app with Android.
The views(xml stuff) and the buttons and the listeners bound to them are considered front-end I guess. But on the onClick event we call some methods in a class that does the calculations(no calls to online APIs and such). Something like:
button.onClick{ textView.setText(core.add(a,b)) }
Everything in that expression besides the core.add(a,b) part is considered my front-end based on my understanding and that part is a function that goes to my backend. Even if we don't call to an online server my logics for how the data processing is done should be considered my backend or are there other terms for that?
Is my understanding right. Did I miss anything? Thanks for your time.