AWS CDK - Stack set operation was unexpectedly stopped or failed

Viewed 349

I would like to deploy two roles in multiple OUs with a Stack Set. The error message is:" Stack set operation was unexpectedly stopped or failed.", which doesn't help me.

Here's my code:

new CfnStackSet(this, "RoleTest", {

        stackSetName: "StackSetTest",
        permissionModel: "SERVICE_MANAGED",
        autoDeployment: {
            enabled: true,
            retainStacksOnAccountRemoval: false
        },
        stackInstancesGroup: [{
            deploymentTargets: {
                organizationalUnitIds: ["OU1","OU2"]
            },
            regions: ["eu-central-1"]
        }]

I left out the templateBody because it was just copy and pasted from a working StackSet. Can somebody guess the problem here?

2 Answers

Solved my problem. First i was missing the parameter:

capabilities: ["CAPABILITY_NAMED_IAM"]

and second there were some internal problems that caused the stack set to fail.

I had same error, and I localized it setting disable_rollback to true. So I was able to open cloudformation->StackSets-> 'my stack set' and check the details of the issue. If you use sam for deploying, you can add this parameter to the command:

--no-rollback
Related