Flutter Errors, Another exception was thrown: Invalid argument(s) AND Another exception was thrown: Incorrect use of ParentDataWidget

Viewed 157

I need to create a new account everytime to contribute to stack overflow!
This is STUPID!!! PLS!!! Fix your rating system!!! I have 5 and 1/2 years EXP.
Seriously... And I am not allowed to ask or post questions or solutions...


Flutter was returning these errors and nobody has offered the below solution.

Error 1 :
Another exception was thrown: Invalid argument(s)

Error 2 :
Another exception was thrown: Incorrect use of ParentDataWidget

I kept running into this problem because the data for ParentDataWidget was not yet loaded and I was accessing it.


My Solution :
Create a variable

bool isLoaded = false;

IF : isLoaded = false
Do not render the screen.

IF : isLoaded = true
Render the screen

// 1: Set your state

class MyStatefulWidget extends StatefulWidget {

  @override
  State<MyStatefulWidget> createState() => _MyStatefulWidgetState();
}

class _MyStatefulWidgetState extends State<MyStatefulWidget> {
  @override
  Widget build(BuildContext context) {
    return Container(
      
    );
  }
}

// 2: Get all your variables (WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR DATA FROM YOUR LAST CALL)

 // This will be my final call in my methods for this page
 Future getWhateverDataMethod() async {
    //Magic happens over here and you get all your data.


    // When you have your data you need. Then set the isLoaded var

    isLoaded = true;
}

// 3 : Load your page

NOW, when you load your screen your data is ready to be rendered and your error will disappear

1 Answers

Incorrect use of ParentDataWidget error is the UI issue... it will never resolved with functionality....

Related