Analysis software I'm using outputs many groups of results in 1 csv file and separates the groups with 2 empty lines. I would like to break the results in groups so that I can then analyse them separately.
I'm sure there is a built-in function in python (or one of it's libraries) that does this, I tried this piece of code that I found somewhere but it doesn't seem to work.
import csv
results = open('03_12_velocity_y.csv').read().split("\n\n")
# Feed first csv.reader
first_csv = csv.reader(results[0], delimiter=',')
# Feed second csv.reader
second_csv = csv.reader(results[1], delimiter=',')
Update: The original code actually works, but my python skills are pretty limited and I did not implement it properly. .split(\n\n\n) method does work but the csv.reader is an object and to get the data in a list (or something similar), it needs to iterate through all the rows and write them to the list. I then used Pandas to remove the header and convert the scientific notated values to float. Code is bellow. Thanks everyone for help.
import csv
import pandas as pd
# Open the csv file, read it and split it when it encounters 2 empty lines (\n\n\n)
results = open('03_12_velocity_y.csv').read().split('\n\n\n')
# Create csv.reader objects that are used to iterate over rows in a csv file
# Define the output - create an empty multi-dimensional list
output1 = [[],[]]
# Iterate through the rows in the csv file and append the data to the empty list
# Feed first csv.reader
csv_reader1 = csv.reader(results[0].splitlines(), delimiter=',')
for row in csv_reader1:
output1.append(row)
df = pd.DataFrame(output1)
# remove first 7 rows of data (the start position of the slice is always included)
df = df.iloc[7:]
# Convert all data from string to float
df = df.astype(float)