I have an API which I have developed a C# client for which converts HTTP GET requests into C# objects.
I have made the client COM visible as I need it in VB6, the issue here is that generic collections does not work over COM. I have made a "fix" for this by making my own implementation of a collection except it is not generic.
This means I have a class named [Class]_Collection for each of my classes, this just means I have a collection without the generic class.
This works well except our API is quite large with quite a few different objects, so it would be nice if I did not have to write the implementation for every class in our API.
I have been experiementing with a generic base class or generic interface which I can inherit, but as previously stated COM does not like generic classes. I also require an IDispatch interface to expose functionality so that the class functions are exposed in VB6.
Is there a way in which I can write the implementation for all my collections and just inherit that functionality everywhere it is needed?