X-Azure-ExternalError 0x830c1011: 'The certificate authority is unfamiliar' for Azure Front Door Standard with custom domain with https

Viewed 117

We have a new Azure Front Door Standard profile resource that has been configured to use acustom domain. Origin and routes look correct. When we issue a request to the origin directly, it is working as expected. However, when we issue requests through the Front Door profile, we get the following error in headers(sent with the X-Azure-DebugInfo header):

X-Azure-ExternalError: 0x830c1011, 'The certificate authority is unfamiliar.'

The actual error in the browser is: 'Request cannot be served.'

The certificate we have on the website is a Go Daddy wildcard certificate chain (multiple cert crt files combined). We've tried running curl with options and openssl to see if we can see where there is a problem with one of the certificates (against the origin site), but both of them indicate that the certificates are correct.

I have had a look at this page as well: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/frontdoor/front-door-route-matching?pivots=front-door-standard-premium, but it hasn't helped.

I have also checked this page: https://ccadb-public.secure.force.com/microsoft/IncludedCACertificateReportForMSFT

to ensure that the Go Daddy root cert in my chain is on this page. I can confirm that it is (2796BAE63F1801E277261BA0D77770028F20EEE4).

I have turned on diagnostics. Is there any way i can see the actual request being made from front door to our origin to see if there is something weird in the request? What else could be the problem?

thanks

0 Answers
Related