I've been following those tutorials on (unit) testing for dependency injections and they're using pytest fixtures and I'm trying to replicate something similar in my Flask app. This is what my app looks like:
# all imports
class Container(containers.DeclarativeContainer):
wiring_config = containers.WiringConfiguration(modules=[".routes", ".scheduler"])
config = providers.Configuration(yaml_files=["src/conf/config.yaml"])
config.load(envs_required=True)
s3_repository = providers.Resource(
S3Repository, config.get("app.my_service.s3_bucket")
)
my_service = providers.Singleton(
MyService, config, s3_repository
)
My app.py:
container = Container()
container.init_resources()
app = Flask(__name__)
app.container = container
# connect url rules and register error handlers
routes.configure(app)
# schedule and kickoff background jobs
scheduler.schedule(app)
# set flask configuration and logging
app.config.from_mapping(app.container.config.get("app"))
setup_logging(app)
return app
my_service.py
class MyService:
def __init__(self, config: dict, s3_repository: S3Repository) -> None:
self.s3 = s3_repository
self.config = config
# other logic/methods
My S3Repository:
class S3Repository:
def __init__(self, bucket):
self.bucket = bucket
def fetch(self, object_key, columns, filters):
# code to fetch
I'm trying to write my tests and working with pytest for the first time and this is what I have so far:
# TODO - re-write tests for since we're now using dependency injection
import unittest
from unittest.mock import Mock
import pytest as pytest
from src.repository.s3_repository import S3Repository
from src.service.HealthSignalService import HealthSignalService
class TestApp(unittest.TestCase):
def something(self):
pass
@pytest.fixture
def mock_config(mocker):
return mocker.patch("providers.Configuration")
def test_app(mock_config):
from src import create_app
create_app()
When I run this I see:
@pytest.fixture
def mock_config(mocker):
E fixture 'mocker' not found
> available fixtures: cache, capfd, capfdbinary, caplog, capsys, capsysbinary, doctest_namespace, mock_config, monkeypatch, pytestconfig, record_property, record_testsuite_property, record_xml_attribute, recwarn, tmp_path, tmp_path_factory, tmpdir, tmpdir_factory
> use 'pytest --fixtures [testpath]' for help on them.
What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? Right now, I'm following this tutorial - https://docs.pytest.org/en/7.1.x/explanation/fixtures.html