I'm building a website with a blog section, and on deployment to production the blog will be empty. I'm having problems allowing an empty blog on my Gatsby site.
When I run npm run develop it will only work if I have some blogs - I want it to work before the blogs have been added.
The main issues I'm encountering is trying to accomidate fields not existing like allStrapiBlog and strapiBlog because there are no blogs.
I get errors like this on blog components, and on my nav component (where i have a query that a conditional uses).
15:17 error Cannot query field "allStrapiBlog" on type "Query" graphql/template-strings
Cannot query field "strapiBlog" on type "Query"
This is what the query looks like for my navigation component. But it throws an error - is there a way to make it just return null?
query NavigationQuery {
allStrapiBlog {
nodes {
title
strapi_id
}
totalCount
}
}
How do I make unsuccessful GraphQL queries not break the build, so I can build a gatsby site with a empty blog?