I was studying for a test with the following question with the given output :
#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
int i = 10;
int *const p = &i;
foo(&p);
printf("%d\n", *p);
}
void foo(int **p)
{
int j = 11;
*p = &j;
printf("%d\n", **p);
}
Output : 11 11
I understand that the address of *p pointing to int i is passed to the function foo. Here, **p is a pointer pointing to *p, where *p points to int i.
In the function, **p pointer changes and points to int j, and the first printf is called and 11 is printed.
What I don't understand is the output from the 2nd printf function. Why is it printing 11, when it should be 10? I've checked and the value of int i and it did not change, so shouldn't dereferencing *p give 10 and not 11.
Can someone explain to me the logic behind what is happening and why is it happening?