Github Pages not working for static website

Viewed 96

I have a static website repository that is pure HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

When I run live server on VSCode, the site runs just fine

enter image description here

I setup github pages

enter image description here

But when I actually go to the site link I get a blank page.

Why am I getting a blank page when the site works fine in my localhost when using the VSCode live server?

1 Answers

Look at your URLs.

In your development server, you are publishing at /

On Github Pages, you are publishing at /pizza-legends/

Your URL which starts /Content/... is going to /Content/... on your development server and find the file.

On Github Pages, it is going to /Content/... and not finding the file because it is at /pizza-legends/Content/....

Fix your URLs.


NB: You had your developer tools open. You should have looked at the Network tab and seen all the 404 Not Found errors.

Related