How to get max data via sap table connector look up in azure data factory?

Viewed 193

I need to implement an incremental load for sap tables via the sap table connector in azure data factory within a copy activity.

Currently, I am trying to set the watermark of the sap table (e.g. MAX(ERDAT)) through a lookup activity. Unfortunately, I cannot create a custom query, because the sap table connector is very limited and only supports basic filtering options (link).

Does someone know how to set a watermark via the sap table connector?

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers

Personally, I'd prefer loading the delta e.g."ERDAT = today" to an OpenHub, then loading that regularly to Azure.

If that option does not work, using the link you provided, you can create a custom function module on SAP, and filter out records based on date.

Use this link for more info https://www.cdata.com/kb/entries/sap-custom-read-table-function.rst

Related