I am trying to output the ARP table of a switch by using Netmiko. I would like to use a file containing IP addresses and then have Python/Netmiko run a "show arp" and then add the IP address from the file I give. I would like it to loop through the IP address file to show all ARP entries for the IP addresses in the file and then output to a file containing both IP and MAC addresses. Below is what I have for a single address any help would be greatly appreciated:
#!/usr/bin/env python3
#CF extract ARP table and send output as text file
from netmiko import ConnectHandler
from datetime import datetime
import time
import sys
##initializing device
device = {
'device_type': 'hp_comware',
'ip': '10.1.10.10',
'username': 'xxxx',
'password': 'xxxx',
}
start_time = datetime.now()
print (start_time)
net_connect = ConnectHandler(**device)
output = net_connect.send_command("dis arp 172.16.100.100")
time.sleep(2)
filename="test-arp.txt"
saveconfig=open(filename, 'w+')
saveconfig.write(output)
saveconfig.close()
time.sleep(2)
net_connect.disconnect()
end_time = datetime.now()
print (end_time)