Conceptual HTTPS/HTTP question for golang repository

Viewed 80

I have a Gateway API that is built with Golang. We use the "net/http" library documented here https://pkg.go.dev/net/http#example-ListenAndServeTLS. This service has HTTPS connection set up. The connections to my ELB’s use HTTPS because I use TLS termination. So this one Gateway API has the ssl cert. But then passes the connection to a regular HTTP connection to the other instances.

In short, the Gateway API has HTTPs support, but the services connected to my Gateway API uses HTTP.

When I check my UI services, It shows that we are using HTTP 1.1 still. However from Golang's documentation the package "net/http" should provide HTTP 2.0 support automatically.

Do I need to upgrade my internal services to use HTTPs instead of HTTP in order to use http 2.0?

Sorry If this post comes off as ignorant or rude. I really appreciate anyone taking there time to read this, and am willing to provide any more information that Is needed.

1 Answers
Related