Remove personal template from Visio (plan2)?

Viewed 75

Does anyone know how to remove previously added personal template form Visio (plan2)? It seems this is not as straightforward as I would expect... Many thanks.

2 Answers

Please check in File location window field Templates. You can call this window with these steps

  1. Select tab File at ribbon
  2. Select Options in bottom of list
  3. Select Advanced
  4. Select File locations in bottom of list enter image description here Please check: Is your unwanted document located in folder which you can find in Templates field in File locations window ?

I did some additional research to find out that while adding .vtpx template, visio converts it to .vstx and stores it (in my case) in Custom Office Templates folder. All I had to do is remove the corresponding .vstx from that folder and the template disappeared form Personal Templates tab.

Not sure if Custom Office Templates is the default location in all cases, so better search for your [templatename].vstx on your drive.

Credit for idea goes to @Surrogate who hinted that you could define folder for templates. Thanks!

Related