My folder structure looked like this:
My Dockerfile looked like this:
FROM python:3.8-slim-buster
WORKDIR /src
COPY src/requirements.txt requirements.txt
RUN pip install --no-cache-dir -r requirements.txt
COPY src/ .
CMD [ "python", "main.py"]
When I ran these commands:
docker build --tag FinTechExplained_Python_Docker .
docker run free
my main.pyfile ran and gave the correct print statements as well. Now, I have added another file tests.py in the src folder. I want to run the tests.py first and then main.py.
I tried modifying the cmdwithin my docker file like this:
CMD [ "python", "test.py"] && [ "python", "main.py"]
but then it gives me the print statements from only the first test.pyfile.
I read about docker-compose and added this docker-compose.yml file to the root folder:
version: '3'
services:
main:
image: free
command: >
/bin/sh -c 'python tests.py'
main:
image: free
command: >
/bin/sh -c 'python main.py'
then I changed my docker file by removing the cmd:
FROM python:3.8-slim-buster
WORKDIR /src
COPY src/requirements.txt requirements.txt
RUN pip install --no-cache-dir -r requirements.txt
COPY src/ .
Then I ran the following commands:
docker compose build
docker compose run tests
docker compose run main
When I run these commands separately, I get the correct print statements for both testsand main. However, I am not sure if I am using docker-composecorrectly or not.
- Am I supposed to run both scripts separately? Or is there a way to run one after another using a single docker command?
- How is my Dockerfile supposed to look like if I am running the python scripts from the
docker-compose.ymlinstead?
Edit:
Ideally looking for solutions based on docker-compose
