Speed up writes using SSIS ODBC to Aurora Postgres using SSIS

Viewed 78

Firstly, all my data\instances etc are sat on AWS Cloud. I'm using SSIS to extract data from various databases and send to a different database. I have 2 different sources:

  1. SOURCE A - A table in DATABASE A on AWS Aurora PostgreSQL (Pg1)
  2. SOURCE B - A table in DATABASE B on MS SQL Server (Sql1)

The Destination - a couple of tables in DATABASE C on AWS Aurora PostgreSQL (also Pg1 as above).

I am using an ODBC (driver installed) to connect to the Pg1 instance and Integrated Security to connect to Sql1. All connection managers are using ADO.NET connection types.

Now I know there will be lots of other factors here including VPN setup in AWS but the data transfer between databases seems a bit slow. I have a little under 1 million rows in DatabaseA. It takes about 30 minutes to Extract\Load that to DatabaseC. DatabaseB has 8 million rows and takes between 5-6 hours to Extract\Load.

Straight off the bat, is there anything I can specifically look at to try and speed up the Extract\Load of data?

I'm guessing the problem is with using ODBC drivers (although I am not sure what else I can use within SSIS). eg I have used AWS Glue for other jobs and loading data to Postgres takes a fraction of this time. I can provide any extra information as necessary if it would help understand the setup I am using!

DB Setup

0 Answers
Related