'credential-manager' is not a git command

Viewed 2364

Am on Windows 10 64-bit running git version 2.33.1.windows.1 against Azure repos. Since my last update I get the following error when cloning a rep using TortoiseGit v2.13.0.1 (latest version).

git.exe clone --progress -v "https://FenergoProduct@dev.azure.com/FenergoProduct/FlareDocumentation/_git/FlareFenergoRegulationMargin" "C:\Flare\FlareFenergoRegulationMargin"
Cloning into 'C:\Flare\FlareFenergoRegulationMargin'...
git: 'credential-manager' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.

The most similar command is
credential-manager-core

Does anyone have a simply explanation of how to get rid of this?

P.

2 Answers

I started getting the same error messages for every service after my last upgrade. I made them go away by creating an alias for credential-manager.

git config --global alias.credential-manager "credential-manager-core"

Other than the error messages, the credential-manager seems to have been working correctly both before and after creating the alias.

This command "git config --global credential.helper manager-core" works for me. On my company's computer, I got the errors every time I changed my password. Before I was able to fix the errors through the Credential Manager, but not anymore.

Related