Cisco AnyConnect on CentOS 7

Viewed 427

Hands up, I'm a complete newbie to Linux. I have Cisco AnyConnect working great on my Windows PC but I've now got a Linux box with CentOS7 on and want to get it working on their too.

I've tried looking at other questions on here, but they all seem to be unable to connect, rather than the issue I have.

Although it refers to CentOS8, I followed this guide:

https://kifarunix.com/install-cisco-anyconnect-client-on-centos-8/

The file I actually installed was anyconnect-linux64-4.10.03104-predeploy-k9.tar.gz

Got everything installed, but I've a feeling there's something not right.

When I CD to /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin all the files seem to be there:

acextwebhelper           dart_uninstall.sh  manifesttool_vpn  vpndownloader
acinstallhelper          load_tun.sh        plugins           vpndownloader-cli
acwebhelper              manifesttool       vpn               vpnui
anyconnect_uninstall.sh  manifesttool_dart  vpnagentd         vpn_uninstall.sh

...but... when I try to run vpn -help I get this:

vpn -help
-bash: vpn: command not found

I have a feeling it's to do with this, but don't understand what it's telling me:

systemctl status vpnagentd
? vpnagentd.service - Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Agent
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/vpnagentd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Wed 2022-04-20 13:07:59 UTC; 22min ago
  Process: 450 ExecStartPre=/opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/load_tun.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 529 (vpnagentd)
   CGroup: /system.slice/vpnagentd.service
           +-529 /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnagentd -execv_instance

Apr 20 13:18:00 ###redacted###.plesk.page acvpnagent[529]: Function: SendRequest File: ../../vpn/Common/Utility/HttpSession_curl.cpp Line: 1174 curl_easy_perform error - 6 Error
Apr 20 13:18:00 ###redacted###.plesk.page acvpnagent[529]: Function: SendHttpRequest File: ../../vpn/PhoneHome/FileUploader.cpp Line: 175 Invoked Function: HttpSession::SendRequest Return Code: 6 (0x0000...tion: unknown
Apr 20 13:18:00 ###redacted###.plesk.page acvpnagent[529]: Function: PostDataGetResponse File: ../../vpn/PhoneHome/FileUploader.cpp Line: 375 Invoked Function: CFileUploader::SendHttpRequest Return Code:...NS_RESOLUTION
Apr 20 13:18:01 ###redacted###.plesk.page acvpnagent[529]: Function: findProfile File: ../../vpn/CommonCrypt/Certificates/NSSCertUtils.cpp Line: 697 Unable to locate NSS profile directory from /root/.moz.../profiles.ini
Apr 20 13:18:01 ###redacted###.plesk.page acvpnagent[529]: Function: InitNSS File: ../../vpn/CommonCrypt/Certificates/NSSCertUtils.cpp Line: 400 Invoked Function: CNSSCertUtils::getProfilePath Return Cod...ORE_NOT_FOUND
Apr 20 13:18:01 ###redacted###.plesk.page acvpnagent[529]: Function: CNSSCertStore File: ../../vpn/CommonCrypt/Certificates/NSSCertStore.cpp Line: 76 Invoked Function: CNSSCertUtils::InitNSS Return Code:...ORE_NOT_FOUND
Apr 20 13:18:01 ###redacted###.plesk.page acvpnagent[529]: Function: addNSSStore File: ../../vpn/CommonCrypt/Certificates/CollectiveCertStore.cpp Line: 1910 Invoked Function: CNSSCertStore::CNSSCertStore...ORE_NOT_FOUND
Apr 20 13:18:01 ###redacted###.plesk.page acvpnagent[529]: Function: OpenStores File: ../../vpn/CommonCrypt/Certificates/CollectiveCertStore.cpp Line: 469 Invoked Function: CCollectiveCertStore::addNSSSt...ORE_NOT_FOUND
Apr 20 13:18:01 ###redacted###.plesk.page acvpnagent[529]: Function: ServerCertVerify File: ../../vpn/PhoneHome/FileUploader.cpp Line: 525 Invoked Function: CCertHelper::VerifyServerCertificate Return Co...tion: unknown
Apr 20 13:18:01 ###redacted###.plesk.page acvpnagent[529]: Function: ScanAndPostFile File: ../../vpn/PhoneHome/PhoneHomeAgent.cpp Line: 2228  File posted to PhoneHome server
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

systemctl is-enabled vpnagentd
enabled

Have I installed the wrong version, or is there something else wrong?

0 Answers
Related