How to pull Data into python from SAP ERP

Viewed 593

I am a data scientist and do not have any prior background in SAP.

I need to pull data (query and Qube) from SAP ERP to python for some predictions and automate the process. but I am not able to find the right answer to this. our SAP ERP runs on the Oracle database but I don't have access to pull data directly from oracle, also we have SAP BW. Please help

2 Answers

You can start with tutorials like this one. After that you can ask more specific question when you get stuck.

You can get data using various ways, or using different Data Ingestion tools. It would also depend upon multiple factors but naming a few

  • On-premise or Cloud(AWS, Azure, GCP)
  • Whether you want to get data only once or on daily basis.

I am assuming you want to get data only once and your DB connectivity is working fine. Install these, if they are not

pip install pandas
pip install SQLAlchemy
pip install cx_Oracle

In your python notebook or IDE

import pandas as pd
import cx_Oracle
import sqlalchemy

Add appropriate values of (user, password, hostIP:Port , service_name) in engine.

engine = sqlalchemy.create_engine("oracle+cx_oracle://user:password@hostIP:port/service_name=DB_name", arraysize=1000)
SQL_query = """SELECT* from table"""
df = pd.read_sql(SQL_query, engine)
Related