Using nginx webserver on Raspberry PI and have installed the nginx extras.
I have a folder with MP4 files that i want to stream in a basic HTML tag. When I attempt to load the video file in HTML page or directly typing the file name in the browser i get a 404 not found error. I can access other txt and html files in the same folder.
Here is the weird thing - in the nginx access logs i don't see the request for the MP4 file. If i add x to the file name (i.e. "/logs/video.mp4x") i see the request in the log. If i request the file normally (i.e. "/logs/video.mp4") then there is nothing in the access log.
Here is my config setup - any idea why i can't simply load the MP4 file?
server {
listen 80 default_server;
listen [::]:80;
root /home/pi/web-server/GarbagePi/app;
server_name garbagepi.com;
location /logs {
alias /home/pi/web-server/GarbagePi/logs;
mp4;
}
location / {
root /home/pi/web-server/GarbagePi/app;
try_files $uri @wsgi;
}
location @wsgi {
proxy_pass http://unix:/tmp/gunicorn.sock;
include proxy_params;
}
location ~* .(ogg|ogv|svg|svgz|eot|otf|woff|mp4|ttf|css|rss|atom|js|jpg|jpeg|gif|png|ico|zip|tgz|gz|rar|bz2|doc|xls|exe|ppt|tar|mid|midi|wav|bmp|rtf)$ {
access_log off;
log_not_found off;
expires max;
}
}