How to use RN’s Fabric renderer with out of tree platforms

Viewed 72

React Native's new renderer Fabric looks promising and improves interoperability with out of tree host platforms (built in c++). I have used React Native for mobile development and am familiar with creating new native modules for iOS and Android, but not adding a new platform itself. I'm familiar with UIManager, ViewManger, the bridge and changes with the new architecture (Turbo Modules, JSI etc). What I’m really curious about is using Fabric renderer with a new host platform.

Say I have a C++ project that uses a windowing library like GTK+ or Qt, how could I use the Fabric renderer and React Native as my UI layer?

I Understand this is a broader question but I haven’t been able to find any docs around adding a new host to RN in two weeks of searching. Any pointers/ resources would greatly be appreciated.

The official docs for adding a platform are not very helpful, just looking for a more comprehensive overview.

So far I’ve looked at the out of tree projects referenced in the docs and this project has been helpful, but uses Node bindings for the upstream windowing lib where I am trying to use Fabric to interface with my c++ code.

0 Answers
Related