I was using Python 3.6 on my mac. But recently python 3.6 has not been working and it seems, it has been removed from my system. Still not sure about the reason. I'm using macOS Monterey 12.2.1
So I did brew install python
and python --version
giving me the following result, Python 2.7.18
and the command python also returns the same.
But when I type and enter python3, it crashed the system and giving the following report as log,
Please refer below for more information from the crash report,
Termination Reason: Namespace DYLD, Code 1 Library missing
Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
Reason: tried: '/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation' (no such file), '/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation' (no such file)
(terminated at launch; ignore backtrace)
Application Specific Information:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
Reason: tried: '/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation' (no such file), '/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation' (no such file)
Error Formulating Crash Report:
dyld_process_snapshot_get_shared_cache failed
Thread 0 Crashed:
0 dyld 0x7fff6bdb20ce __abort_with_payload + 10
1 dyld 0x7fff6bdc81cf abort_with_payload_wrapper_internal + 80
2 dyld 0x7fff6bdc8201 abort_with_payload + 9
3 dyld 0x7fff6bd76613 dyld4::halt(char const*) + 375
4 dyld 0x7fff6bd7255d dyld4::prepare(dyld4::APIs&, dyld3::MachOAnalyzer const*) + 3955
5 dyld 0x7fff6bd714b4 start + 388
Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit):
rax: 0x0000000002000209 rbx: 0x0000000000000000 rcx: 0x00007fff5bffe338 rdx: 0x00007fff5bffe7a0
rdi: 0x0000000000000006 rsi: 0x0000000000000001 rbp: 0x00007fff5bffe380 rsp: 0x00007fff5bffe338
r8: 0x00007fff5bffe3a0 r9: 0x0000000000000000 r10: 0x00000000000000bf r11: 0x0000000000000246
r12: 0x00000000000000bf r13: 0x00007fff5bffe7a0 r14: 0x0000000000000001 r15: 0x0000000000000006
rip: 0x00007fff6bdb20ce rfl: 0x0000000000000246 cr2: 0x00007fff6bd78e3c
Logical CPU: 0
Error Code: 0x02000209
Trap Number: 133
Based on some other workarounds, I have tried with pyenv - pyenv install 3.6.5
But it ended up with the following error,
BUILD FAILED (OS X 12.2.1 using python-build 20180424)
Inspect or clean up the working tree at /var/folders/xl/y8f6pv9103zdvp6fy9_5py1c0000gn/T/python-build.20220419170450.10396
Results logged to /var/folders/xl/y8f6pv9103zdvp6fy9_5py1c0000gn/T/python-build.20220419170450.10396.log
Last 10 log lines:
ret = sendfile(in, out, offset, &sbytes, &sf, flags);
^
./Modules/posixmodule.c:10432:5: warning: code will never be executed [-Wunreachable-code]
Py_FatalError("abort() called from Python code didn't abort!");
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
clang -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include -std=c99 -Wextra -Wno-unused-result -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-field-initializers -I. -I./Include -I/usr/local/opt/readline/include -I/usr/local/opt/readline/include -I/Users/apple/.pyenv/versions/3.6.5/openssl/include -I/Users/apple/.pyenv/versions/3.6.5/include -I/usr/local/opt/zlib/include -I/usr/local/opt/bzip2/include -I/usr/local/opt/readline/include -I/usr/local/opt/readline/include -I/Users/apple/.pyenv/versions/3.6.5/openssl/include -I/Users/apple/.pyenv/versions/3.6.5/include -I/usr/local/opt/zlib/include -I/usr/local/opt/bzip2/include -DPy_BUILD_CORE -c ./Modules/pwdmodule.c -o Modules/pwdmodule.o
1 warning and 1 error generated.
make: *** [Modules/posixmodule.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
1 warning generated.
The available workarounds for the above error are not working and producing more complexity on finding the root cause.
It seems some python default files have been missed from my system or some other minor issues, not sure about the reason.
So the goal is to make my system's default python version should point to the python 3.6, because need to run the AWS lambda functions locally using SAM, the lambda functions are created using python 3.6 and it has been working with my system before.
Thanks for any suggestions.
