I need to read emails using C# (concrete task - count of received/sent emails by range). Ideally, user enters credentials of his Microsoft Office/Exchange email on webpage and receive this info.
I see the following ways to implement it.
- ExchangeService
using nuget package Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices we can get access to email profile, e.g.
ExchangeService _service;
_service = new ExchangeService(ExchangeVersion.Exchange2013_SP1)
{
Credentials = new WebCredentials("myemail@hotmail.com", "mypassword"),
};
_service.Url = new Uri("https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx");
_service.TraceEnabled = true;
_service.TraceFlags = TraceFlags.All;
var items = _service.FindItems(WellKnownFolderName.Inbox, searchFilter: new SearchFilter.IsGreaterThan(TaskSchema.DateTimeCreated, DateTime.Now.AddDays(-10)), new ItemView(int.MaxValue));
sometimes this approach works, but for some cases does not work (for example, if 2-way authentication is enabled)
- using
IAuthenticationProviderand Active Directory Tenant Id
there is a way to impement own IAuthenticationProvider with implementation AuthenticateRequestAsync like this
public async Task AuthenticateRequestAsync(HttpRequestMessage request)
{
var token = await GetTokenAsync();
request.Headers.Authorization = new AuthenticationHeaderValue(token.TokenType, token.AccessToken);
}
after this we can create GraphServiceClient like this:
GraphServiceClient graphServiceClient =
new GraphServiceClient(_authenticationProvider, _graphHttpProvider);
and can send email, for example:
await graphServiceClient.Users[fromAddress]
.SendMail(message, false)
.Request()
.PostAsync();
I suppose, similar way I can get access to folders also
For this approach, I assume, I need to get tenantId etc (I'm a little confused with it)
How to implement stable solution to read Microsoft Office/Exchange emails ?